Saturday, June 7, 2014

Praising the taking.

I've decided to re-read through Job and a concept stuck out to me tonight during my reading:


So many people give thanks for getting, but Job gave thanks for taking.


.
When Job's wife told him to curse God's name because of his misfortune, Job said "You're talking like an empty-headed fool. We take the good days from God -- why not also the bad days?" Job 2.10, MSG.
.
"Naked I came from my mother's womb, naked I'll return to the womb of the earth. God gives, God takes. God's name be ever blessed." Job 1.21, MSG.
.

How radically different would our world be if we thanked God for the "good" in the "bad" and instead of sulked or cursed when He took something (or someone) out of our lives, rejoiced in His will, regardless of our feelings or the circumstance?


Praise God always, because unlike us,
God is not working against a deadline --
He has all eternity to sort something out perfectly.




No comments:

Post a Comment