Friday, June 13, 2014

Besides Daniel. "Postcards And Phone Calls."


---Hey all.
I love what Besides Daniel stands for and the beautiful music they produce. “Postcards And Phone Calls” is the first song of theirs I heard, and no matter how many times I play it, it always is as lovely as the first time I gave it a listen. So go one and give it a listen.
(for all you mobile phone viewers, there’s a link to the youtube video at the end of the post).


The lyrics:
If you are the sky then I must be the sea
And it may look like we touch, but the horizon’s a dream And if I am the fall, then you must be the spring
‘cause there’s always something between us it seems But I’ll keep reaching If you’re far away from me I’ll put on my comfortable shoes I won’t stay far away from you Postcards and phone calls they simply won’t do. I need your hand in mine. There’s not enough lifetime to go on without you I need you. I want your arms about me.
I’ll move my feet ‘til I reach you.
And I want your eyes to meet mine.
I want you near me.
Like empty religion and losing the point,
are we bone of bone or just set out of joint?
And like Jacob we wrestle, we rage and we war.
Have we simply forgotten what His presence is for?
And instead of my hip I think that He’s touched my side
and sealed up the spring that gives forth the bride.
Should I pledge to love never seeing your face,
then, with absence I kiss you and with distance embrace?
Or could I be dreaming?  If you’re miles away from me, could that what is better for you?  Then I’ll write these songs in the saddest of keys
and I’ll give you a phone call and I’ll bid you adieu.
Though I want your hand in mine, there’s not enough lifetime to go on without you,
I want you. I need your arms about me.
I close my eyes and I see you.
But I need your eyes to meet mine.
I want you near me.

If you loved what you heard (and you did, right?) go on and click on some of the links below check Besides Daniel out some more – you’ll be happy you did:

Besides Daniel on iTunes.

And for those who couldn't see the youtube video linked into the post, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment