Friday, May 23, 2014

old.

[2014] - JANUARY 1ST.

A lot of the times, I feel like I expect God to push me outside of my comfort zone and to do so, it means I have to go out and experience new places and be put in situations. My few close friends know that I don’t have many Christian friends and because of that, I long for the community of other believers. My journal entries throughout 2013 are full of prayers asking for opportunities to make new Christian friends by moving away from Georgia, but I still find myself in Georgia, in the same situation, and a little discouraged as I’m praying the same prayers as this year comes to a start.

There’s an old story about a little fish who tugs at his mom’s fin and says, “Mom! We’ve got to go find the ocean!” “My sweet son,” replies the mother fish, “the ocean is all around you.” God’s love and how God works is like that. He is working all around us, but often we get set on seeing the end result of what we’ve been praying about, we’re unaware of this fact. We get so caught up on finding our major, or finding a job, or finding friends that we get tunnel vision and fail to see the little things that are being placed in our lives to prepare us for what we’ve been praying so intently on.
One of my main goals in 2014 is to be content with where I am and where God has placed me.  Instead of focusing on asking for things in the future, I want to be able to focus on the present and what God’s trying to change now, not what’s He’s trying to change in the future. I want to become more aware of situations and people that God is placing around me I may overlook.
Be still in the presence of the Lord this year and let Him assure you that He is working behind the scenes to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine.
“We know that God is always at work for the good of everyone who loves him. They are the ones God has chosen for his purpose,” Romans 8:28.

No comments:

Post a Comment