Monday, December 1, 2014

Words are beautiful (and I'm gonna start posting more of them).

Words are beautiful.

I remember I used to carry around a notebook, recycled paper cover with lined banana paper interior, just to jot down poems and capture one-liners and write down phrases that gave me the same gratification as whispering the phrase "saying something sweet" slowly does. In high school, I wrote whenever I felt the urge to, like my body was saying "Okay, I've taken in all the information I can, you need to let it out now." And I want to do that again.

Or well, challenge myself to do that again. Because I miss it.

So! 

Starting on the first day of my winter break, I will be posting something consistently once a day for a month just to try and get back into the writing spirit. And it won't all be good -- a lot of it will be really bad -- and a lot of it will be really random -- and a lot of it will be really short -- but that's okay. Because even when words are stumbling and tripping over their own feet, they're still beautiful to me. For now, though, any post titled with a number is just a post with words that I wanted to get out and store somewhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment